We are hiring for the role of packaging machine operatives
In order to accommodate our expansion, we are on the hunt for a pouch packaging machine operator to assist in maintaining a high level of quality production and speedy service. The ideal candidate should be a team player with a positive and flexible attitude and preferably have experience working in an efficient and fast-paced manufacturing role. Previous experience operating packaging machinery is seen as a distinct advantage. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work in an ambitious and ever-evolving company that values the personal and professional development of its employees greatly.
Description of Duties
- Set up and operate Pouch machine and support equipment to form pouches of printed/laminated/unsupported flexible plastic film for use in food packaging.
- Operating within a two or three-shift basis.
- Set up and operate trim winding units.
- Reads entire job ticket for information required for the setup and running of the production orders.
- Retrieve all necessary components such as bag and gusset formers, side seals and zipper crush die sets, zipper application dies and zipper spools, case labels, etc.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand the job specifications to properly ensure the finished product meets all customer expectations.
- Manage any machine malfunction in terms of mechanical/electrical issues
- Identify and remove defects found in production and communicate to QA
- Operate within strict standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments, as necessary, during production ASAP to minimalize the waste of raw materials and time.
- Ensure the machine is operating in a safe condition with all safety equipment operational.
- Adhere to all H&S Guidelines.
- Ensure that the finished product is properly labelled and documented to provide traceability.
- Ensure that the finished product is properly packed according to specification.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area including strict line clearance protocols.
- Optimize safety (food and workplace), quality, yield, and productivity
- Complete production paperwork.
- Train new associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be available to cover absences within the department as requested by management
- Use computer to set machine / retrieve job data information
- Perform job roll changes / clear machine jams / adjust machine settings as required to ensure acceptable quality pouch is produced
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong communication, organisational & Multitasking skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload using initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work
- Team player, positive, flexible attitude
- Computer literacy, mechanical and electrical skills are all an advantage for the roles
- Strong awareness of safe work practices
- Good Problem-solving skills
- Full driving license and own transportation an advantage
Only applications with valid CV will be considered. Successful candidates will be contacted via phone or email.